havei ng a party come a couple of day's late

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Cilent called ask could we mow on friday instead of wesnesday they were haveing a party ..I told her it would be a strain friday is our roughest day .Well we just did have some daylight left .Pulled up unloaded started on the front lawn .I made my way to the back lawn which is about 1/2 acre .

Low and behold these asses had tents pitched ...looked like cable tv wires all over the place .Ropes and stakes every 2 feet Garbage pails pinic tables folding tables and chairs ...looked like something out of the damn twilight zone.

I went to the front rang the bell and asked the lady ..HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO MOW THAT BACK LAWN.

I hollered and told my help ...head em up and move em out ..we out of here.

Her Fat ass 400 lb husbanb came out he says you got to finish ...i proceded to tell him i am finished ..with your sorry ass account.
  2. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

some people. you should have told them it would be an extra $5 for every "item" that you had to mow around
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Been there, done that one Jack. Someone calls me and says they're having a party, the first thing I ask them is if there will be any tents set up on the lawn. If so, I need to know what day so I can come at least a day sooner.

BTW, I would have done the same thing as you did...color me gone!!!
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here. I ask when the tents go up and tell them I'll be there before the tent guys. I will not mow around all that bs. But, all this is contingent on if I have time to accomodate them ealier or later, sometime the schedule doesn't allow.