haven 't seen this border before

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bugspit, Apr 26, 2004.

1. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

On a residential lot and most likely the done by the owner, he decided to use black 4" flexible drainage pipe as a border.

He had it pinned down with metal staples circling an area of 15'x20' and filling in the area with red mulch.

Unusual but affective.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Does he have a toilet in his yard filled with flowers too?
    LOL!

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

lol, funny, the bathroom/plumbing theme. how about functional shower heads hanging over the beds for watering.

it figures this guy is using something tacky like that. he decided to use red mulch, right?...enough said.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have seen this before.

A local person has the same thing. 4" drainage pipe just laying on the ground staked in. Funny looking to me.

People will do anything to save a buck.........

5. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Chalk it up for tacky landscape of the season. Hey thats an idea.THE ONE LIKE IS THE OLD BRASS BED FRAME WITH ANNUALS PLANTED ALL OVER IT. wITH A BIG PLASTIC FROG PEARCHED NEXT TO IT.

6. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

I`m embarrassed to say early on in the business I sold a customer 8 yrds of red mulch. ARRRRRRGGGGGUUUHH !!!!

7. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I've seen the bed frames with the flowers before. The one I saw even had a sign to let you know that it was a "flower bed"

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey guys, I just started a thread about red mulch before I read this post.

I guess I'm not alone.