having a hard time finding a truck...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ManleyLawn, Nov 18, 2003.

1. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

i have been recently looking for an older chevy or gmc stake body or mason dump... this is basically what i am looking for... 80's style chevy or gmc gas or diesel 4x4 fair condition. not a rust bucket but something that will work for me and with some paint will look presentable. i live in de. so if anyone knows of anything or has any ideas on where to find one give me a hollar. thanks

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ebay.

that is where I found one of my mine.

3. ManleyLawn

ive been keeping an eye out on ebay everyday when i'm done work

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

also look at autotrader.com

5. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I don't know if you are in an area where there would be many farms around. But you might want to find an agriculture related newspaper and try the classified ads. I know a lot of farmers in my area that have older farm trucks with not to many miles on them. They may have a little rust and will smell like a farm inside(nothing one of them little christmas trees wont take care of) but would make a nice work truck.

A friend of mine just bought a '84 3/4 ton chevy with a plow for $850. A little surface rust and around 75,000 miles

6. ManleyLawn

sodzilla your friend got a steal from the sounds of it.

7. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I was mad I didn't find it first. Actually, I knew the guy he bought it from, but didn't know he wanted to sell it till it was to late. Like I said it was a farm truck: vinyl seat, manual trans, AM radio, no A/C. Nothing you would want to take a date out in, but one nice plow truck though