having deck problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassroots1993, Sep 26, 2004.

1. grassroots1993

grassroots1993 LawnSite Member

I have an exmark 03, 60" cut. I have started having problems with one side of the deck cutting lower. I have checked tire pressure, blades, and even took it to the shop, they said they could not find any thing wrong with it. I have learned that any cutting height below 3", it will scalp on one side. I need any advice I can get. My exmark dealer is not much help!

2. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

If you have your owner's manual. There is a section in it about leveling your mower deck. Ours was doing the same thing andcutting lower on the discharge side and had to adjust it. You place it on a level service (ie concrete), loosen the springs on side and adjust until its level. The manual does a pretty good job at explaining it.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Does it cut like that consistently (all the time), or just when you go around an outside turn? If it's like that all the time, then it's an unlevel deck. If it does that on the outside of a turn (usually the right side while making a left sweep, it's a combination of low tires and/or your anti-scalping rollers are set too high.

dishboy likes this.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Or are worn Down .
    John

dishboy likes this.