1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Having my mom work for me doing flower bed

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Eho, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

My mom really enjoys working outside and working with flowers. What would yall think about having my mom work with/for me doing flower bed work. Also, how much would yall charge per hour for bed work?
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My mom helps me do that kind of thing. The customer doesn't have to know it's your mom. I charge $45/ man/woman hour.
  3. jfenton

jfenton LawnSite Member

What if you have to fire her? Might be a little tense around the dinner table
  4. PLM-1

I don't live with mine! (Thank God!)
  5. Elawncare

Elawncare LawnSite Member

PLM-1, is that 5x10 trailer still for sale. I've been looking for one and live in Overland Park/Kansas City, KS. If it's still for sale how much are you asking?
  6. PLM-1

Sure is! Here is the post about it earlier: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=92695 Shoot me an offer!

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

be careful a freind of mines mom took over his z
  8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's a great idea. You know she will do a good job, you can trust her, and she will always have your best interest(or the interest of your business) in mind. I,m sure she would be far better than any employee you would hire.
  9. PLM-1

You got it Mo! And mine is free! "I need a good workout," she says! I'm all for it!
  10. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I agree, when your starting out, I think relying on family for help is great!

My sister is starting work with me in two weeks. Mind you I have a few other people going as well and she will be doing maintenance and I mainly work on the installations. So I will rarely work alongside her and won't be her direct supervisor.

But nonetheless, I agree with you about keeping your best interest in mind and being able to trust her.