Having people pay for each mowing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wright5223, Jul 30, 2012.

1. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really thinking about having people start paying me each week, I would leave an envelope in the door or mailbox and have them pay me each time, this invoicing sitting around waiting for my money is gettin old, Does anyone else do it this way?

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I do it that way, but they just leave it under the mat ect. But I am not legit yet, so people wont be that open to invoicing from a 15 year old lol, do what ever works for you!

3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

My money is waiting for me under the mat. Only 2 customer's get a bill at the end of the month.

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Do what you have to do to get paid. Don't let your customers get away with
    paying when they want to. You work far to hard for your earnings.
    easy-lift guy

5. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Same here! Most pay per cut & 3 invoice! New clients don't get offered invoice option until relationship is established & I think they are good for it. If they are not home, they leave payment in pre-determined location. I will only mow once without payment. So if they forgot to leave payment i will mow, but they always catch me the following week. If payment wouldn't be there for previous plus current, they wouldn't get mowed, but that hasn't happened yet! Pay per cut only works for solo's or owner that is on the crew. Can't have crews handling payments!

Some guys do prepay invoice. You would have to start this at begining of season. Mail invoice on 15th of each month for 4 cuts (sometimes 5) for month coming up. Gives clients abt 2 weeks to get payment to you for month coming up. If you don't recieve payment by first scheduled mow for that month, then skip or give them 1 mow & if payment is not received by 2nd mow then skip. All other services are paid upon completion...ie...trimming shrubs, mulching, etc. Explain to ur clients that ur switching to prepay invoice & how it will work if you go this route.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012