1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Having problems fitting Hustler SuperZ front forks...

Discussion in 'ProLockers' started by TLS, Nov 13, 2007.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is there a something I'm not doing right?

I quick fitted my prolocker w/o mounting it and it seems to interfere with the caster forks. It rests in and locks, but one side is out and one side is in. If I came in centered, it would likely hit the uprights.

Is there a special prolocker for Hustler ZTR's?
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some pictures.

I must have the wrong model?

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like the entire unit needs to be only as wide as the tire.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm told by others to simply enter the prolocker backwards with the caster facing out.

Is this true?

Say it ain't so. :rolleyes:
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

It IS so. I entered the Prolocker the same way you did (photos) when I first installed mine. However, it is not that difficult to spin the tire/fork from the operator's seat. After you get the hang of it, you'll be glad you bought it. My ZD weighs in at over 1700 lbs. When I spin the fork facing outward in the Prolocker, it is a nice fit - very snug and secured. :usflag:
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

But my main point is....why don't they fit like they're supposed to?

Had I known that you must come in backwards with the caster, I would have NEVER bought them.

The Prolocker is already going to set my SuperZ back further on the trailer by 3-4" (if it fit as advertised). Now that I must flip the caster around backwards, I will have too much weight on the rear of the trailer.

Looks like I'll have to put in (yet another call) to prolocker and see if they have one that will fit my application.