Having your wife help you !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcondon, Jul 12, 2003.

1. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Well.......... I work for my Father-In-Law, He went up north this weekend and since we had rain on Thursday I had to work this weekend and keep things going. My wife had never been on a ZTR before.......... I gave her the 60 in Tank and I had the 72in. The first lawn was a big head ache for me, always wondering if she is doing it right !!!!! Today I was wondering if it would be the same, I had my head low.......... Although by the end of the day she did a great job...... anyone else experience this ???
  2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Man I know what you are feeling but my wife can run my Dixie better than me, women have better motor skills not so's you can tell sometimes but she does awesome!!!!!
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

My girlfriend:angel: comes out and works with me. She is getting pretty good on both the Gravely and the Lazer. She likes the Gravely better though, because she says it's simpler to operate, and smoother. It's nice, because she can finish up the mowing while I'm doing all the trimming and the dirty work. She wants to trim too, but I don't really want her to. She doesn't need to get her legs all knicked up and stuff. (Too nice). She is usually wearing shorts, which is just fine by me. I have a set of chaps, but I'm ususlly wearing those. I would consider another set, but she will still be getting hit with stuff occasionally. She doesn't need all that. She does just fine with the easier stuff/ She also enjoys doing some of the bedwork like cleaning and deadheading the flowers. This is fine, since it's safe and not strenuous.:)
  4. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I'm so busy at times I don't have time to cut my own lawn, so my wife does it. The few first times it looked like my 3 year old son did it. Now it looks better then when I mow it. She hasn't quite mastered the line trimmer yet, lol.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my wife does a better good than me sometimes, but the bad thing is on some of the smaller push mowers she can't pull start them
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

My daughter has been working with me 3 days a week.. running the Lazer. The first week was really nerve racking... worrying about her, the equipment and the property. She is going into her forth week now and is getting to know the properties and routine. It's becoming more comfortable for the both of us. Last week we shaved about 30% off each day.

The best part is I enjoy her company.. she's a goof and makes me laugh during the day.
  7. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Haven't got my girlfriend on the ztrack yet but she likes to do the planting of the seasonal color and spray round up and run the blower. She is a perfectionist so i do not worry about weather she will do a good job or not. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful girlfriend.
  8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Is she certified to spray? Or is certification not needed for roundup in your state?
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes I get help from the wife with plants and buying at the nursery. I want her to take over the office work. She says maybe in the Fall she will learn how I run my office.
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Today my wife trimmed while I mowed three lawns. She doesn't mind it and she did a really good job. I think she would rather do the "dirty work" instead of putting around on a mower all day. I am blessed to be married to a woman who isn't worried about breaking a nail....lol! I didn't know how much of a hard worker she is until I asked her to help me out. :D