Hayfever!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by conepile, Aug 30, 2002.

1. conepile

conepile LawnSite Member

I have never been sensitive to pollen or other allergens, but the past week has been killing me (sneezing, itchy eyes, dry eyes, watery eyes, runny nose, sinus flowing...)! Am I the only one? What is an effective remedy, as I have not had the opportunity to enjoy this experience in the past? I decided I will to go the the drugstore and buy something, but don't want it to make me sleepy, or keep me awake at night.

Any suggestions?

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I cannot take over the counter allergy relief. They only make me feel worse.

What you just mentioned is one reason I got out of the biz. Every year got a little worse and I finally couldn't take it any more.
    Good luck man.

3. Husqman

Husqman LawnSite Member

You need to try one of the real allergy pills like allegra or claritin they are the only thing that help me and don't make me sleepy.

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

My allergies only last for about month and a 1/2. When they're here, I just take Actified over the counter. Hate Benedryl(SP), it make me drousy.

You'll have to look on the box. Some cause drowsiness, some don't.

Hey BrickmanLC, did you ever try the allergy shot? I have a couple of ffriends who have allergies really bad. The shot seems to help them alot.

But, everyone's different.

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I WANT A NEW DRUG
    ONE THAT WON'T KEEP ME UP ALL NITE OR MAKE ME SLEEP ALL DAY!!!!!

Claritin is the answer for me..;)
    Nothing over the counter ever worked for me

6. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Allegra is the only thing that works for me.
    Take a 24 hour pill every single day, at the same time, whether you think you need it or not.

I'm on it non-stop April thru May and again Sept thru October.

Nothing over the counter works like it.

Key is to keep taking one every single day, time and time again.

If you only take one after you need it or start to feel allergies coming on, it's too late.

Gary

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I never tried allergy shot. I used Claritin, but after a while it didn't seem to do much good. Never tried Allegra. Since I am not in the day to day dust now, my sinuses have really dried up.

8. Check these prices on Claritin! I buy from here all the time.
    Actually, in New Zealand it's spelled Clarityne. But it's the same thing. It's probably not the same as Clarinix though. Has anyone tried Clarinix? I noticed it was for US sale only.
    Dave