Hdtv???

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by TXNSLighting, Nov 18, 2008.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Anyone thouht about offering this? Outdoor audio visual compnents that is. One of my competitors is doing it now, so i think its time i go ahead with it...

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I know they make outdoor plasmas and all. But what cable box would be made for the elements that can still output true 1080

3. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Theres appearantly a wide variety of stuff. Im in the research process now.

4. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

You can keep all the components inside and just run the cables needed from the box to the tv. So the only component outside would be the tv. To change channels, use a RF or bluetooth remote control. I have seen several TVs outside mounted on houses or outdoor structures and I think they look cool.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Most of the newly built custom homes here have extensive outdoor living areas that are fully wired for light, sound, video, etc.

This work is primarily done by the AV/Home Automation contractors. I think there is a lot more to know about the technology, connectivity issues, etc then one might think.

You might find more information from the new Low Voltage forum at www.lowvoltagetalk.com

Have a great day.

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

this is definitley something to look into and at minimum you guys trying to expand your refferal base shuld be partnering up with these high end home theatre guys. They are almost always on high end homes!!!

Thats a cool new forum James!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

"Usually always"?
    Must not have had your coffee yet. :)

8. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

THANK YOU! LOL

And NO, I have not had my coffee! LOL

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

O you coffee guys...thats a cool site James! I went ahead and signed up!

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Exactly! Lots of new builds in the areas im targeting and man are they loving their outdoors! Here its getting dark at about 5:45, and it still warm out. So people are wanting to be outside. Im trying to be a
    "one stop, outdoors shop"!!

Hey my new slogan!