He is going to make a landscaper out of me whether I want to be or not =)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjgray, Apr 5, 2006.

1. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Gone are the days that I was able to spend at home and just answer the phone and do paperwork. Gone are the hours I had to play with the four leggers or work in my gardens. No more do I have time to spend at my favorite websites reading and posting with online friends.

Spring is here and has brought with it so much work that Donald is just not able to do it all by himself and keep up with the schedule I have made for him. Since I am not to the point that I am comfortable with hiring and paying another employee yet, I must do the next best thing.....go with him and help.

For the last two days we have laid 18 pallets of sod. Yes, I am thankful of the work and the good money we have made doing so but dayuuum I don't think I have worked so hard in 5 years. My whole body aches, every muscle I have is screaming in pain, and I feel like an 80 year old woman. I can barely move!!

Who knew landscapers worked so hard!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

wait another 20 yrs :laugh: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well then your relly gonna hate me when I tell you that

000_0426.jpg

4. sheshovel

aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd

000_0422.jpg

5. sheshovel

sssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy
    but true

6. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Why hate....it's all a learning process thats why I come here :waving:

Since we also get the privilege of taking care of the sod I think we will be ok....but thanks for the tips *if it doesn't take off I will be begging for the Sheshovel fix it solutions :)*

Mac surely in another twenty years we will finally hire some employees to do the labor for us....surely we will...I hope :dizzy:

7. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Glad someone said it....not hatin but if customer was paying...they would be screaming:hammerhead:

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably one of the worst sod jobs I have ever seen! Did you lay that directly over the old turf????

Chris

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it looks like it was laid over the old turf and that wont fly up here in pa hope it works in tx

10. sheshovel

omg I misse that looking at the seams..looks like they DID lay directly over the old turf..totaly unacceptable..you will be taking care of dead sod soon.You really should know what your doing .He is not making a good landscaper out of you .