Head Band LED Work Light

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by MEXANDME, Nov 22, 2013.

1. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys use / have a recommendation on a LED head band light to use for nighttime final adjustments?

Thanks!!!!

Mex

2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just hit up any good outdoors store and buy something that offers 3 intensity settings and a red light option to retain your night vision. $10. I have a Rayovac that works perfectly. Petzl is the premium brand.

3. trailboss

trailboss LawnSite Member

Black Diamond or Petzl for sure!

4. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

Led Lenser SEO7R.
    Not only is it bright, but the wide angle view is pretty smooth and covers most of your field of view.

Many cheaper lights light up only a small spot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

Subscribed, ill need one for working part time next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Id go with Surefire. I have a lot of experience using their hand held and weapon mounted lights and IMO, there isn't a better light.

7. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up some head lamps @ REI. Black Diamond, 3 different modes and a red one too. Better battery life so far than the LED lenser's we had. Some of the cheap ones go through the batteries quickly. I paid around $30 each for mine.

8. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I have ordered two of the above mentioned ones.

Regards,

Mex

9. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

Those are all OK, but overpriced junk if you ask me. IMO, anything less than 200 lumens is a toy. And I HATE flashlights or headlamps that run on 3 batteries.

I just picked up one of these. Its the best and most usefull headlamp/flashlight that I own. All the others (plastic ones) can be thrown in the trash. This one will light up my whole backyard.

http://www.zebralight.com/H600Fw-Mk-II-Floody-18650-XM-L2-Headlamp-Neutral-White_p_118.html

I know it seems expensive, but I think it is worth every penny. I'm kind of a gadget geek so I already have a few 18650 batteries.

this one is a newer version of my old one.
    http://www.zebralight.com/H52Fw-AA-Floody-Headlamp-Neutral-White_p_121.html

also check out Armytek Wizard Pro, and Spark, for higher-end lights.