head for 125L?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DylanK, Jul 29, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

i need a bigger head for my Husqvarna 125L string trimmer... what is a good head that will fit on this model? thanks

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What size do you have now? is it a 4"? 90+% of all Commercial trimmers come with a 4" head although Red Max has a 6" I think it may use a bit too much power. Have you thought about the Shindaiwa speed feed head? you don't have to take the whole head apart to replace the trimmer line. How many cc's is your trimmer? Let me know how many cc's and I may be able to help you.

Rob

3. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

it is a 28cc trimmer.. i was looking at the speed feed head but i dont think that it will work on my trimmer

4. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Well, They have an adapter that fits Echo machines and the heads that Husky uses look like the same ones that echo uses. I'm pretty sure that the speed feed would work just like on my Echo 2601. All the extra little part does is decrease the diameter of the arbor inside the speed feed head. If you have a Shin dealer close you could go and talk with them or call around.

Rob

On a side note I run Echo's .105 Cross Fire in my speed feed head and it does just fine.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The 125L is a homeowner model trimmer not a commercial model

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Thank's for the correction Mike.

Rob

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Any Echo/Veri head should work for you. Although I don't use your particular Husky model, I do use Echo/Veri heads on all my Huskies though.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

me too switched my huskys to echo type heads too. -much better.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

The older Huskies used to come with the Echo heads, don't know why they switched.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, and its not 28CC....more like 24