Head for 20'

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What would be your choice for this distance. For example a 20' x 40' area. I'm against dogging down a rotor that sprays 30' plus. I'll knock them down a little but only a very small amount.

Kind of in between land for MP 2000/3000 from my experience.

Was thinking about the RB 500 MPR nozzles-red which are listed at 25'. I've never used these though. I think Leary is a fan of these, if so please chime in.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on pressure. I would use the 02 nozzles in the original Toro Stream Rotor, but that's for good pressure and clean city water. You could always go with the low-angle nozzles in a standard RB 5004.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Knock down a pgp.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I use i-20s on mps
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

10Q, 10H and 10F?

You could do it with MP2000's but in a 20 x 40 rectangle, I think I'd use sprays. The 2000's really don't reach 20' and the 3000's aren't going to dial down that far, they seem to adjust from about 24' - 28'.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Are you the one in my area that installs a PGP with a #9 nozzle and chokes it sown to less than 10'?

7. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

The short radius nozzle set for the I20. I actually like MP 2000 nozzles on pressure regulated pop up bodies for 20 ft areas. Too much pressure just makes the streams mist and really overshoot their rated radius.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Nope , Im the one who dosnt use midrange rotors and hates sprayers. Anything over 15 is a rotor with usually a #2 in it.

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have 45 psi at the head you will run 20' with a MP2000 according to the Hunter catalog.

10. ck17va

ck17va Banned

I recommend RB 1806PRS sprays with KRAIN Rotary Nozzles(cost me $1 less than the other rotary's). LowFlow= Less Erosion and Runoff(helps if there are ever scheduling errors too). I'm never confident in my nozzle selection unless i'm using pressure regulated heads.