Head Replacement

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawncare3, Sep 2, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am wondering what a good cost is to replace the heads on a existing system. I went to the head dealer a couple weeks ago when I had to replace 14 new heads on the neighbors yard and they are $3.00 a head after tax. What is a good price to replace each head for a system and what is a good hourly rate to aim for?

Thanks,

Chris :blob3: :)

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Chris e-mail me I can tell you a good place to get a discount.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You can't really figure a "per head price". You need to figure cost of parts, and if you want to mark them up. Some people don't mark up. Then figure how many hours it will take. And then YOUR hourly rate. You may lose $ or not make as much if you don't know what your doing if you give a flat fee. It may be wise to tell them what your hourly rate is and tell them it will take between x and y hours. That way you don't get screwed.

How big of a job is it? I'm down in the Spings if you want work something out.

4. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of heads are these..spray heads, rotors. They make a difference in price. Assuming the 3 dollar a head price, i would figure they are spray heads. We charge just under 4 for a spray, then typical labor charge.

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge list price for the head plus $30 to come to the door and $60/hr. 1/2 hr min.