Headach rack?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Schrock Lawns, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Picking up my new 13 Chevy 2500 tommrow and want to get a headache rack what are some brands I can look into you guys recommend
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats on the new truck, good luck with it, I would go with the one and only original back rack. i think they look the best and will have one on my truck at some point, not really a priority for me.

3. Schrock Lawns

Anyone else?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mysteriouswhite

mysteriouswhite LawnSite Member
    from MA

I'm going with a cage or mesh style personally. The back rack has huge gaps in it which kinda of defeats the purpose of it. I guess it would be good for visibility but thats why we have side view mirrors. I think back rack makes a cage style one also. Highway products makes some pretty nice looks stuff. Little expensive tho.

5. southerlawn

southerlawn LawnSite Member
    from Hays NC

check out spyder industries theres can be a little $$$ but you get what you pay for.

6. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

That or pro tech
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

Get the original back rack, they also have one called the safety rack that is mesh in the middle.

8. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I got one laying around the shop. It a back rack of a f250 so it should fit your truck. If you want it ill take 75 dollars for it

9. Schrock Lawns

10. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the back rack safety rack. I've had it since 2008 and it is high quality and still looks like new. Highly recommend .