Headlight/Taillight STROBES

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Rcgm, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have been thinking of getting some strobe light's for my truck the kind u put in your headlight's and tail.Anyone got these?What do you think they worth it?Installation hard?Someone let me know seen them in Angelo's catalog.
    Thanks
    RCGM

2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Did they have a website?????I am also interested in these.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

The good ones are kind of expensive, but worth it from what I've heard. Try these two:

http://www.northerntools.com

and

http://www.galls.com

The Police ones are the bright ones. The ones from Northern may not be as bright. From what I've heard, they're not too hard to put in. You just have to drill a 1" hole in the taillight/headlight/turnsignal where you want it, and run wires to the controller.

-Tim

4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I drove a truck with them.Thay are cool but they give you a headache with the strobes bouncing off the plow.

5. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

With the controller, the 4 corners will cost you about $600. Look for someone that installs them and see if they have any used ones available. A lot of P.D.'s won't reuse them but have them removed before they sell or trade the old vehicles. I know of a fellow on the volunteer fire dept that got his that way.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A gumball machine on the roof does the job.

If you want a light show go to the planetarium.

$500 for fancy colored lights to feed your ego doesnt seem quite right to me.

7. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

HAVING BEEN A MECHANIC.THESE THINGS SUCK....EVERY TIME I'VE SEEN THEM INSTALLED THE LIGHT LEAKS MOISTURE IN AND THE KILLS BULBS PREMATURELY THEN YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE LIGHT HOUSING ......WHICH CAN BE EXPENSIVE

8. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

AW direct has them for about 350.00, and a local guy got me a set for 200.00. They are nice, but make sure you get duetze connectors, they are water proof. Also seal where you drill the hole into the light.
    Install isnt to bad, will take a few hours.
    Dino

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Being a fireman I had them in my personal truck in although all amber the worked well with my blue strobe light bar. When using them to plow I was told by a friendly (verbal warning) state trooper that I still needed a roof light to provide 360 of light. Just passing along what I was told I do not know the laws for amber lights.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I also have them for responding to fire calls, the installation will only take a couple hours and I have not had a problem with ruining the headlight. I would suggest sticking with Gall's on this type of thing, they are very helpful and good to deal with.