headphone/helmet attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dix, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

Have decided to buy the new AM/FM Peltor headphones. They come with eathor a regular headband or they can be ordered to fit on helmets that are slotted. I was wondering how these headphones attach to a helmet. I would like to attach them to my pith helmet. Figure I could just cut some slots in it where necessary. Anyone have any experence with these type? Do you think my idea would work?
    Dix

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Don't like the Idea of somthing to distract your attention. I use
    muffs but there are other things I want to hear such as blades
    hitting objects, or other mechanical sounds.

3. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

I can walk & chew gum at the same time!
    Dix

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

dix- it won't work. the phones fit in slots that "lock" the muff arms to a safety helmet. it is the spring force away from same helmet that pushes muff to head around ears. thus it protects hearing. using homeade connections would have to be perfect and durable as construction helmet plastic. give it a try and waste your money. I myself have traveled many roads that way and ended up buying what I should have in the first place.

Dave g

5. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

Thanks Dave! Maby I'll just adjust the band on the pith helmet to go over the thin Peltor headband when I wear the phones. I guess that would work. The hard hats don't give enough sun protection for me.
    Dix