1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Headphones to listen to iPod while mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-turf lawn, Feb 19, 2012.

1. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

worktunes runs on 2 AAs, and it has an outlet to plug ur ipod in. it comes with the cord you need to plug the ipod into. can also listen to the radio too

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

everybody said it, you have to get noise canceling ear muff ones. they sell ones at lowes or proab home depot (i got mine from lowes cause its in 5 block away from my house and home depot is like 15 min from my house) that are like ear muffs that you would normally wear around loud **** but they have a fm/am tuner and an audio jack and they protect your hearing from the loud machines and you get jams where you can hear em without having the noise of the music to cancel the engine noise and destroy your hearing. it makes it so much better listening to music compared to engines all day. i just bought a pair of peltor bluetooth ear muffs off ebay for half the price of new ones so I can listen to pandora off my phone and I dont have to have an audio cord hangin off me to get caught on ****. cant wait to get em in so I can try em out haha.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

here you go get em while they last. new onces will run u about 400 after tax. you can also answer your phone. dont know how well the other person can hear you. but thats what i got

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

sry over 500 after tax lol

5. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

The new digital worktunes come with a cord. You can play the radio on the worktunes or plug in your own mp3 pl,ayer, ipod, or phone. They are 24bD noise cancelling.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

JVC Marshmallows are the perfect blend: quality sounds, awesome hearing protection, and cheap. $20 at Walmart; far less on EBay. I don't even have to wear my earmuffs over the tops of these!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AMP426

AMP426 LawnSite Member

Skull candy ear buds are the best ive found. they block out mower noise and give a rich sound. 15 bucks almost anywhere. cords last about a month unfortunately but just take them back for an exchange. worktunes get hot during summer months and leave big sweat rings.

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Buy yourself a nice pair of headphones if you like to keep your hearing. I bought myself a pair of bose noise canceling headphones and i'm going on my third season with them. Obviously dont use them in the rain, throw them around etc. You dont want to buy those ear bud headphones because you have to crank them all the way up to hear your music and its just as loud as the equipment. The noise canceling headphones block out the noise and youre able to listen to a nice clean rich sound without the blasiting volume just to hear it. With that being said, i think i should work for bose lol. Their expensive but well worth it. I just plug it into my iphone and listen to music, radio, talkshows, anything.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Regular earbuds, you are correct. But most "in-ear buds" are just called earbuds, and they are, with the right fit, MORE effective at cancelling noise than muffs. I am able to listen to my Ipod with those JVC Marshmallows at a lower volume setting than any other combination of protection I've tried.

10. CozyHollow

CozyHollow LawnSite Member

:confused:Ok, WAY OFF TOPIC but ALEX'S LANDSCAPING has those pics of his dream truck and stuff under his replies...guess they're permanent. How do you get those and how does one write under or "signature" their page? OH, and how do I get a pic. next to my screen name? :confused:

Thanks fella's...WON'T happen again!