1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by timmac, Jul 26, 2008.

1. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

which is better. peltor digital or aos digital worktunes. one is 26db the other is 22db? I want the one with the best reception. thanks
  2. timmac

tooo the top
  3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the peltors. They tend to allow some overbleed from other stations. THere is this little hick station in the town I work in that tends to bleed over everything the closer I get to the tower I have one yard that is right UNDER the tower.
  4. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

I have digital worktunes. Overall, there pretty good. There's only one property on my route that doesn't get reception. There very good on batteries too. i highly suggest to get rechargable ones too.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That's great advice on the rechargeable batteries! I know with my old worktunes (non-digital) the batteries only lasted a few days and once they started to run down I couldn't pick up any stations very good, other than country, barf.

I've heard the same complaint about the new ones "bleeding" a lot, 2 stations at once. Makes no sence to me, almost every radio produced uses a digital tuner and they work fine, where did they get theres from? Must be REALLY cheap... The neat thing about the new ones is the input jack, you could load up an Ipod and never have to worry about commercials and crappy songs!

I'm thinking about getting an Ipod and some of the ear plug style headphones. I saw them at Lowes the other day next to the worktunes. I've worked without music for YEARS, but it does get boring!! I can't stand the "muff" style, they hurt my big ears, they are hot, and I can't wear a wide brimmed hat with them.
  6. timmac

the peltors 26 db are grey and the aos 22db are yellow. which ones do ya'll have.
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

mine are yellow and black but I'm pretty sure they are peltors. I'll look tomorrow to be sure. Bought em at Lowe's.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The older ones I have are labeld aos saftey worktunes. now I know the "peltor" name also calls theirs worktunes, or do they? Mine are yellow and black as well, but they are also the old kind like I said, and I very rarely use them.

Problem I have with them is they don't block enough of the noise, especially when I'm running the Grasshopper with the vac on. The noise from the mower actually hurts my ears with the headphones on, so I know they aren't doing a sufficient job!
  9. mainstreet1984

mainstreet1984 LawnSite Member

I just got mine in Lowe's (the ear plugs) they so much better! you can plug them to Ipod and yes you don't sweat your ears and you can wear a wide brimmed hat. One more thing they preform better then mufflers noise-wise.
  10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have both the older yellow/black peltor worktunes and the new gray digital worktunes. The digital ones are the higher 26db. They are a little heaver, but more comfortable then the older ones. Havent had any bleeding from other stations, although the older ones have better reception.
    I cant stand corded headphones. When mowing around trees/shrubs the cord seens to get snagged and yankes the damm things off...............:usflag: