headphones

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, Feb 27, 2005.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

wondering if any of you had tryed bosie headphone i think they cost about
    200.00 dollars and i know somepeople use peltor right now i am using sthil i payed like 15.00 dollars for i want to get the best i can to protect my hearing
    any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated thanks for your help.

postman :waving:

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you mean Bose.... not Boise. I think that's in Idaho. ;)

3. kriscad

kriscad LawnSite Member

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have the bose headphones. The are the 150.00 model. Their called triport's. Let me tell you. The sound on these things are amazing. I also have the bose home thearter system in my room. the headphones sound the same as my home thearter system. I prob wouln't wear them while im mowing though. They cost too much for that, and youll sweat alot with them on. - peter

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I used stihl until I bought the peltors. Even with the radio off, the noise reduction factor in the peltors is better than with the stihl.

Never tried bose. Kind of expensive to be wearing for work. I used to go through a few stihl pair a year.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

i like my peltors, very quite.

7. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I have the ones from Radio Shack. Digital tuner and an MP3 player port :)

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like the mp3 port :cool2:

9. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

10. We make our own. You buy a Sony walkman AM/FM receiver, (about $25.00), and a set of the headphone type ear protectors. With the receiver you will get headphones. You cut the speaker away from the headband that attaches them to each other. The speaker then fits perfectly into the ear protectors. Run the wire inside of your shirt to the receiver in your pants pocket. We've been using them for years and they last forever. :D