Heads up: Trailer prices on the RISE!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rook00, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

The main reason that is thought to have sparked this is the ending of a tarrif on steel. After that, China and Japan bought up and took a TON of steel (actually, BILLIONS OF TONS, to be precise :))

I'm under the impression, however, that China has bought up what it needs (most of what it will use this year), so the prices might not keep going up. But, others see no end in sight. (Especially those in the steel industry).

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Not to be a jerk or anything but have you been into town lately, prices on EVERYTHING are on the rise.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The place I just bought a new trailer from raised there rates on trailers 12%.

4. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

Yes, prices on everything seem to be rising, but not not like steel prices have risen.

Up 66%! USA Today, among other credible sources testify the same number. It has more than doubled, almost tripled. This is a little more significant than a general increase in prices. But you're correct, prices continue to rise on many other things, as well.

5. Not a trailer but yesterday I asked about the price on a Brillion drill and was told that the price would be going up and that the increase was because of the rising price of steel.

6. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

My Bobcat dealer told me the factory was behind 2500 machines because of the steel shortage.