Health INS help.. Need expert advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KcLawnServices, Jan 21, 2006.

1. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

For the people that has been in this along time...Who do you have for health INS,Retirement plans ?
  2. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

For health ins for me and my family I carry blue cross/blue shield ppo plan for $470 a month. For my retirement I have set up a SEP ira Plan through MFS mutual funds. When setting up your SEP plan it is very cheap, you can go directly to any mutual fund a set one up.
  3. Thistle

Thistle LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I have been at this for a while. I have an HSA(health savings account) thru State Farm. $140 per month, $2600 deductible, $205 per month into the savings account. I only insure myself.
    Like Turf Dog said Sep ira, but I prefer Vanguard. Check thier website. If you do some research and read some books Vanguard will most likely be your choice.
  4. cpritch

cpritch LawnSite Member

Like the others said, SEP IRA is definitely the way to go. I prefer though to have an actual advisor to talk to, the same one every time instead of a 800# to call that you get from most of those online places. I have a guy you can talk to in KC that specializes in working with the self employed. I can't PM yet, so just call me if you want his name and number. 785.218.9141.