health insurance for employees

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by deereequipment, Dec 6, 2007.

1. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

Hi.
    Can anyone share what companies they use for health insurance for your small business?

I'm looking to start to offer this benefit, but wanted to see what other LCO's are using.

Thanks.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Blue Cross is what I provide for my full timers....health and dental.

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

We are in Maryland also and use Mamsi and the family plan runs us around 670 a month.

4. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Is That per employee

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats something I can't afford to do at this time between workers comp, unemployment ins, contractors ins, and taxes not to mention payroll there isn't enough money left to shell out for health insurance. I need to make a living too.

6. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

Health Insurance is not affordable it is one of the biggest problems in the USA and no one dose nothing. It would cost me $600 a month with %20 copay and $5000 deductible with no drug pay %70 of the people who run a small business in this area do not have health insurance even my friends who work for big companies have a lot of money taken out of their check for insurance.

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We use Aetna, we only have 7 employees but we still have a group plan. We pay up to 200 per month per employee that covers most of the guys. They have to pay for their family but it makes it manageable. I get much better employees even with this limited coverage. The insurance is not a limited plan it is actually very good.

8. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I use Mercy. It has been good to me so far. I am pretty sure you can get a group rate for anymore than 1 policy.