Health Insurance need your feedback

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Lawn Tech LLC, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Lawn Tech LLC

Lawn Tech LLC LawnSite Member

We are looking into starting an association called NALCO for the lawn care companies to see if as a large group we should be able to get Health insurance at better rates. The more companies that join the lower the rates should be. I am looking into what is needed to qualify as an association but before I go too far with this I would like to know what you all think and if this might be something you would be interested in?

Thanks for your input.

LT

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like something I would be interested in.......

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

My isurance is close to 15K a year for me my wife and 2 kids

4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Good Lord man :dizzy: go here www.zanderins.com check into an HSA

5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is almost 700 a month for the whole gang. It goes up every year about 50-60 bucks a month.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You would be better off putting that into a health savings plan.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

YES!!:clapping::clapping: THANK YOU!!! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN THAT IS PLUGGED IN!!:hammerhead:

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Not really. my wife is a diabetic, and my daughter has a congenital heart defect. Without Insurance, and really good insurance at that, Im screwed.

9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

We pay $950/month for ours through the Pasco county school board. My wife is an assistant principal but it doesn't matter is was the same when she was a teacher too.

I had back surgery in 2004 and cannot be even 1 day without insurance now so we have to pay what we have to pay. It is crazy what is expected of the teachers to pay for them to insure their families.

10. drfuller18

drfuller18 LawnSite Member

Just a note AFLAC has some real good reasonable plans.. Mine cost 18.00 every 2 weeks, and Ive got a real outstanding accident plan that covers most everything under the Sun..lol And a short term disability policy. All for 18.00 every 2 weeks! Its not Health Ins. But every little bit helps.. And the rates are pretty good.. Just a thought!