Health Insurance?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by WillMowForBeer, Nov 1, 2005.

1. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

I am just getting things going and I was wondering what do you guys do for health insurance for yourselves and family? Self employed usually means skyrocket insurance $$$. I have heard that some companies offer group opportunities for several businesses to jump on the same policy to reduce rates.....:drinkup:

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

In Az we have a state program that allows us to purchase Ins. at group rates for small businesses. I have to offer it to everyone in the co and at least 80% have to be insured but the price is great and so is the policy. I have 4 kids at home and my rate is around 600.00 per month . Beware of alliance for the self employed it gives you the illusion of ins I paid for a year or so and my son broke his arm, paid less than 10% and had to work for that, lot's of grief. The insurance for crew members has given me a much better crop of resumes when hiring too. Its only 100.00 per month for most employees, I only have to cover employee not family. Employee can add family and pay the difference and run it through payroll service and it comes out pre-tax so even though I only have 5-8 employees at a time it feels like a much bigger company.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

look at ehealthinsurance.com

they have some good rates. One of my workers was on one of their plans before. Seemed pretty good he said

4. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

thanks, that is one of my biggest fears is to find a great deal that looks good on paper UNTIL I need it.