health insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i dont have to worry about this yet because ill be in college until may of 2009...but what do you guys do for health insurance? a friend of mine does landscaping and pays $400 a month for himself (im pretty sure)

also do you provide benefits for your employees?

2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I will be "retiring" from my employer of 31 years in June, and can get Cobra insurance (the same BC/BS policy I have now) for 18 months for $292. a month. Now that is just for me .. not my dependent kids. They will still be covered under their mothers (my ex) insurance. Eye and Dental is a little more ... and if I add the kids to my Cobra policy, it would be something like $559. a month. After 18 months I can keep the same policy through the company's "retirees" program for just a little more per month.

NOW ... what I need to do is get married to someone who has a job, and get my insurance through them! My ex is 16 years younger then me .. so if I marry someone younger again ... that means they have more years to work!

:drinkup:

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah insurance will put you in the poor house if you have the family plan with all the bells and whistles like vision, dental and extended hospital stay.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I pay it simple it is hard sometimes but it gets paid.

5. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, thats about right. I pay $431 a month for just me.And thats with the highest deductibles, since I dont run to the doctor for just anything. The last time I saw a doctor was 9 years ago when I broke my nose playing softball. I have it for worst case senerios.

6. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

if you have employees or even one employee, check w/ your payroll service for a group plan. I did many hours of research on this and my best bang for the buck is PayChex who does my payroll,

7. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We pay $416.00 a month for my wife and I each employee is around 203.00 If they want it I pay half we use oxford

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

If any of you guys are veterans, you should sign up with the VA.
    They are there for us. Everything is based on your income but, it's nowhere near what you're paying now.

9. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Aint That A B*tch!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to America. Don't get me wrong,...I'm not a liberal extremist or anything,..as a matter of fact i don't even get inVOLved in politics, but this is our working class. Asd a matter of fact, many od the upper and even union positions are paying more and more for it. In this day and age, union really doesn't mean much of anything.