health insurance ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mdmowerman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. mdmowerman

mdmowerman LawnSite Member
    from 20833

i have recently been eliminated from my parents family health policy and am searching for health insurance. The big problem that i have is that i cannot find a health insurance company to accept me at a rate of less than $600 a month, due to a 'pre existing condition'. this requires medication monthly along w. a visit to the doc once a month. without insurance this cost about 400. i do not want to be without health insurance, especially in 2+ months from now when the liekly hood of making a doctors visit or tip to the ER is much greater.

I was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience. if i could find something and get a company policy of sorts (even though im an owner/operator) that would be great.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Try ehealthinsurance.com

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Insurance coverage through my wife. Its alot cheaper then having it through my business. On her policy I pay $70 bucks a month for BC/BS that beats paying $815 a month for what I was quoted for carrying health insurance through my business. I just recently had to have major back surgery 3 weeks ago and im thankful I have such good coverage as the bill for Surgery,MRI,Ambulance,Consultation,Anesthesia,Meds,Hosptial stay etc, the bill came to over $65,000.00 and it covered everything except $2,345.00 that I have to pay.

4. thes

thes LawnSite Member

I am in almost the same boat as mdmowerman...I don't have insurance and neither does my wife.

Does anyone have any ideas for us?

I will check into the ehealthinsurance.com and see what they have to offer.

5. Matt k

Matt k LawnSite Member

Get out your check book and pay out the nose like everybody else. It sucks, but it is what it is.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You pay shop around but stay with a reputable company.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

It's sad that Americans work hard and bust there azz and can't afford insurance but an illegal can come here and they don't get turned down when they go to hospitals and they never have to pay the bills. They don't give ss numbers (cause they don't have one) so the hospital can't track them like they do a legal person so they still except them. And the reason is because the hospital gets paid from the government on all those claims. What is America coming to.... Sad but true

8. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Folks I've been wondering about this for some time and thought this would be as good as time as ever to ask this question. When a group of people come together and buy insurance its normally cheaper than say just one person could buy it.

I wonder what the chances are if one of the moderators on here could convince an Insurance company to be apart of this forum? We have vendors of all different kinds trying to sell us something, why not insurance? If enough of us were willing to join maybe we should be able to get a reduced rate just like any other large company.

If there is a moderator out there reading this could you give me your comments?

My insurance for my family of three is over $700.00 per month and that does not include dental or vision. Medical costs eats us up! I know that there are people out there that are a lot worse off than my family that could use assistance.

9. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

I am suprised you can find insurance to cover a pre existing condition. Most companies will exclude these conditions. I would think if you can get a policy that will pay your $400 a month and is only costing you $600 a month that you would be getting a bargon.

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

HMO's available to you?