healthy return on employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dmk395, Nov 3, 2001.

1. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Hey dmk...
    Rates around here are 35-40 per hour. I charge 40. If you catch flak from clients about your pricing........remind them of plumbers, carpenters, electricians etc wages. If this still doenst work, explain all your overhead...break it down if you really feel the need too...usually at this point I tell the people .....look this is the going rates in the industry...if you dont like it......call the next guy!
    What Ive found in this biz...is that its so hard to even get a call back, nevermind someone actually showing up for an estimate. Once they get you on your property, most will not let you go, the people are sick and tired of playing phone tag with contractors. Most folks dont mind the rate, infact I raised the hourly rate 2seasons ago, didnt lose 1 customer out of 130

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

You should never have to justify your rates to anyone with the overhead and everything else. I prefer the analogies of being other trade and service people. Same costs, same prices.

I wonder how many people know how much their time really costs their employer. To many people want to equate our hourly rate with their hourly wage.

3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

MLI,

Whereabouts are u from in MA?

4. MLI

from Ma

dmk.......im in Weymouth Ma..........South Shore area..how about you?

5. dmk395

from Ma

MLI

I am from Mansfield, Ma. Email me and we should talk dmk395@aol.com

6. Dochere

Dochere LawnSite Member

You should always bill out what your per man hour rate is or more depending on the job, here that would be $35.00 + per man hour.

7. MLI

from Ma

Hey dmk......I tried your e-mail.....did ya get it?

8. dmk395

from Ma

mli,

actually i didnt, try it again

9. dmk395

from Ma

MLI,

What is your email?

10. MLI

from Ma

my e-mail is mmcgilvray@mediaone.net. Or ya can get ahold of me usually after 6pm. (781) 337-3571...ask for Mike