hearing procection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOOMBSTONE, Mar 21, 2006.

1. TOOMBSTONE

TOOMBSTONE LawnSite Member

I know this topic is in another forum, but I was wondering if anyone else uses the AOSafety work tunes headset (I found at the Home Depot). I find it very useful I can listen to the radio and protect my ears at the same time. Just curious, since, it seems like most of you that use this site is from the northern part of the country.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Last season was my first year using them. I never realized how bored I was until I got a pair. My only complaint is they are not very loud. I know it is for safety reasons, but a little louder would be great.

3. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I've been using them for years. I love them.:headphones:

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Dude, probably every 7 out 10 guys on here use them...

5. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

No joke...they are not loud enough. There has to be a way to rig 'em up right!
    I am gonna figure that out. Maybe it is just as simple as putting in regular headphone speakers...

And they get hot...but what can you do?

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using them for about 6 years now (Peltor Work Tunes). I can't work without them now. I have forgot to get them from the fertilizer truck a few times, and will take the time to drive back to the shop to get them. If I don't wear them I usually end the day with a big headache.

7. TOOMBSTONE

TOOMBSTONE LawnSite Member

Yes I agree, It is not as loud as I would like it to be, but I cannot complain, since I have about 30% hearing loss in both ears. Also, I am going to get another exmark this year, and was wondering if I should get the new Lazer ZXS 31hp 66in Triton deck insted of another 60in Lazer XS (same 31hp). I am a subcontractor for all of the elementary schools in my area. The size are rangeing from 4 ac. to 30 ac. I also have smaller yards, but I have a Bobcat 19hp 52in ZTR as well. Thanks for your input.

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree. I have gone back to the shop to get mine if i forgot them

9. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

AND how much are you guys paying for them? I used to pay $75 and then a new company came to town and we get them for about $45!

10. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I use the ones made by Elvex called Quiet Tunes. My only complaint with them is that I wish they had AM also. But they work great and I can't work with out them now!:headphones: