1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hearing protection muffs/radio?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by scottm1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I agree....I got my worktunes at depot, 50 bucks......they work well and are holding up pretty well too.
  2. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

that looks like a husky part number on the bottem of the page, i bet that any dealer can order them for you.
  5. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to buy a nascar style headset with an input jack and velcro a creative labs 2 gig "stone" mp3 player/fm radio to the outside. They hold around 500 songs and the radio reception is better than most peltor styles. The good thing about this is there won't be wires in the way. I'll just wrap the wire from the headset to the "stone" around the frame of the headset. Anyone try this yet? I have been using just plain muffs with the earbuds running underneath and down to the mp3 on my belt. Works ok but the cord can be a pain sometimes, especially when it gets caught on a branch and rips the buds out of your ear!
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

but does the husqvarna headset work with mp3 phones that are bluetooth equipped. Yeah it's be cool to be able to take a call and never stop mowing, but even BETTER if it can work with the mp3 on my phone and interupt the music when a call comes in. that is currently what I do with earbuds and ear muffs.
  7. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

8. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Wow not a single other person thought this was a bad idea? I would love to have my ipod going all day in my ears, but I just dont want to risk the damage to my machine, or a stone hitting a window and not knowing it, or even knowing if someone is approaching my mower. I just can see way to many problems arise by not being able ot hear the machine. Perhaps you can keep the music soft enough it would just be like hearing protection, but I would be afraid of ever letting any of my employees listen to music while on a piece of machinery or on the job period. Insid the truck is ok and thats it.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

run the wire down through the collar of your shirt and underneath your shirt