Hearing protection with mp3 and phone jack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bill8379, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a hearing protection that has jacks for mp3 AND phone, so that I would hear the phone ring while working?

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

put ur phone in ur front pocket on vibrate. and r u gonna pick it up while your working ? i mean just catch up with it when u get done.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have never heard of head phones that have a cord for both cell phone and mp3. I've only seen one with the cord for the mp3.

4. bill8379

I have to answer while I'm working, not necessarily when the mowing season really starts (Still 2 feet on snow here) but for the spring clean up. I advertise in the spring for clean ups and I have to answer. I was going to use blue tooth and no sound protection but I'd like to have my cake and eat it to.

Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of new phones have mp3 built in. hmm.. I was reading that other thread and some mentioned Worktunes or something like that. I found them for sale at Amazon and you could plug in a mp3 or listen to the radio but they didn't mention a cell phone.

This is the most expensive pair I could find, maybe a bit too expensive.http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0007KQUJS/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

5. Dub's Shrubs

Dub's Shrubs LawnSite Member

you can get some headphones from fastenal that have bluetooth in them and a mp3 jack the only problem is they were almost $300 when I looked at them last spring

6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

7. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

work tunes found at Home depot for $50 have a jack for the mp3 player + have digital radio reciever.

You don't have to awnser the phone- you do have caller id right? It isn't like you arent able to check your phone. Just return the calls when you have a chance to.

8. bill8379

Have to answer the phone other wise it's just wasting advertising. Spring clean up is a short season and also the best time of year to get new customers for maintenance. A co. that doesn't answer there phone looks like a scrub (imo). But I just might go with the $50 pair and get a phone that has mp3 on it.

Some of those blue tooth ones look really nice, not sure how expensive the Husqavarna one is, but the Peltor looks amazing but pricey.

http://www.boss-safety.com/shop/peltor-tacticalpro-electronic-headset-with-boom-microphone-hardhat-mount-model-p-4781.html?ccCsid=aa4b8cc4e8fad7485aedf50d45f25e0f

Edit: I'm going to go to our home depot right now and see if they have anything in stock (Canadian Home Depots are not as good as the American ones, they don't even sell echo edgers)

9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Just check your phone often- your over thinking it- even if they don't leave a message there caller id number shows up and just give them a call back saying "that you were sorry you missed there call but you were running equipment and couldn't hear the phone" -If they don't except that you don't want them as a customer ANYWAYS. my .02

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 22 decibell bell & howell ear protectors that had FM AM radio, but the reception is less than adequate, and not consistant. Therefore I inserted mp3 player earphones in the foam of each ear protector, and mounted the mp3 player where the batteries used to go. Also rigged a 4 battery extra pack that has 4 double AA's with all the +'s connected and the -'s connected so it is still only 1.5 volts, but now I have 50 hrs of play time.

Mowing outfit - Brad 3.jpg