Hearing protection with radio "squishy kind"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, Feb 24, 2005.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I did a search, and couldn't come up with it...
    but I know I saw them on here last year.

So... can anyone help me out.

What I am looking for are the soft squichy type ear plugs with the earphones built into them. they are for connecting to a radio or mp3 player and using while working?

Thanks for any help guys, trying to add tunes to make the work go by this year.

2. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

There are two great brands out there. Shure, and Eptymolic Research. I have the Shure e3c's and I think that they were around $129 or so... They are excellent. Even if the music is not running, they are basically earplugs. Do a search on pricewatch.com for either of them.

3. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use these ones I got from radio shack they are like ear muffs with a radio already built in to it. They block a lot of the noise and keep your ears pretty clean

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the replies guys, but more what I am looking for are just the simple squishy type ear protection, with a small speaker in it, that you actually still insert into the ear.
    I remember seeing a picture on here last year, but can't seem to find the thread.

I have the MP3 player, just looking for these type of headphones to go with them now.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

6. Bings

Bings LawnSite Member

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

These filter out some noise but it's not enough protection for commercial use. You end up having to turn up the music in order to hear it over the mowers. I work at Radio Shack, and the only thing I recall seeing in our catalog is the ear muffs, which are intended for race scanners, but do filter out quite a bit of noise.

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

http://store.earphonesolutions.com/index.html