Hearing Protection ??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocalalawns, May 3, 2007.

1. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

What do you guys wear for hearing protection? Which type cut out the mower noise the best? Do you use any with radios that do a good job cancelling out mower noise. Are the ear plugs as good , as the headsets are hot in the summer months?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I use elvex Relax. there fm stereo and there also hearing protection or safety head phones.they do get hot in summer,bring a towel.

3. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

I use worktunes. I have found the best price at theearplugsuperstore.com
    You can get the hearing protection plus radio for around $50. However if u want to plug a mp3 player in the only pair they have for that are around $120.
    :waving:

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The elvex that i use you can put in the i pod and before i forget, buy the rechargeable ones. you will spend more in batteries then there worth.

5. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I also use Elvex (I think that's what they are), just muffs though no radio or anything. They only run around $10.

I wear them ALL the time, so I am used to them. When you are used to wearing them, you won't really notice them anymore, even on hot days. What will amaze you is after wearing hearing protection for a long time, try running machines without. You will be shocked how loud they will seem. I don't understand how people run commercial mowers without hearing protection.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

hu ? I cant hear ya

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

In FL those over the ear protectors will sweat ya silly

I use the Nascar style ear plugs ...so I can listen to my MP3

I don't know if Landscaper Pro carries these .... as I don't want to step on a Sponsors toes ....but if they don't ...they may wish too look into em ....just as a further option of what good stuff they already carry ;-)

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA... what?

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

tw@t did you say?? i c&nt hear you, I have an ear inf&ction, can you speak a t!tty bit louder??

Seriously, get yourself a "plug station" and go w/ the laser lite ear plugs or laser max... comfortable & work very well