1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Mar 1, 2000.

1. I have added a 15 acre school athletic field<br>weekly mowing (when school in in session)and<br>would like to buy the elvex model but they<br>have no am band.<p>This must be some leftest pinko ploy to control the airwaves and I will not be<br>BOUGHT!!!
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I use the Peltor FM hearing protectors with FM. I noticed some of you are using head phones or the regular FM stereo phones. The Peltor hearing protectors sounds like the ones in Northern. I have seen them, but not tried them. Mine cost $140 several years ago and still work great. They have a volume limiter in them so you will not hurt your ears and you can hear music at half volume with a back pack blower on. I would recomend them to all. They sure make the day go better. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Mr. Stone, I also want AM radio. I like to listen to the Talk radio shows, The G man, and sometimes Rush. <p>Anyone know of a model that has AM?<p>Jim
  4. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Stone & JJLawn, If you get the Elvex rechargable muffs you can plug a AM or CD player or tape player in the charge socket and it will work as headphones. So now what ya got to say?
  5. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

If you cut yourself, your body will heal .If you damage your ears,thats it. They don't get better.To all you new guys ; You MUST wear some kind of hearing protection. Just because it don't bother you to blow without somthing on your ears,don't mean it's ok. Hearing loss is painless and silent. ( Good stock tip ) Buy into a hearing aid company. Half of the generation X'ers are going to be deaf by there 25 birthday.