Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thomaslawn, Feb 4, 2008.

1. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a quality headset (preferably around the ear headset) that can be utilized with an iPod Nano while working? I have been using a Worktunes Headset, which have worked out great but I also want to be able to use the iPod this year. Thanks for your help.

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Quality shooting earmuffs and my Ipod...works great

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

For safety sakes I never listen to music while mowing. I would think you commercial insurance carrier might have an issue with that. We use Laser lite ear plugs. They muffle the sound enough to prevent ear damage but allow you to still hear the mower etc...

4. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have set of work tunes with an input for an ipod. They also have a built in radio. Very nice. Cost me about 45 bucks and well worth it.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Well not sure how they feel about it ..but I can tell you I can still hear and feel the machine and because I listen to music ..I am VERY aware of my surrondings at all times.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

same here....somrtimes something will get around a blade and the tone changes...once you learn the sound of your mower with headphones on....if something changes you will notice it

wayne

7. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Hey gandk06, do you have info. on the IPOD ready headset?

Thanks, Ed

8. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought some john deere muffs and they work wonders. i hear my i pod clear as day, along with my mower.

9. gandk06

let me try and find a link to them. The ones that I have were purchased at Farm and Fleet.

10. gandk06

I just looked on Peltor/AOsafetys website and don't see them listed. Let me look a little more and see what I can come up with. Mine are only a year old.