Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Dec 4, 2001.

1. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

What kind of hearing protection does everyone use. Mabye anything special. And what would you say is the best?

2. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i have a pair of glasses that have hearing protectors on the stems. it kills 2 birds at one time.

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Have ear plus that are replaceable. Have them wrapped around my neck- I can wear me hat that way.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a pair of Peltor ear muffs with built in FM radio that are trully awesome.

5. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

And if you get the cord to plug in an AM source, they become even better. Nothing like listening to G. Gordon or any of the other news talk shows to make the day go by faster.

Jim

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Get yourself one of these. They are very effective, and not at all cumbersome like ear muffs. Keep extra plugs in truck in a plastic sandwich bag just in case someone forgets a pair, or looses a plug durng the day. I guess I have 5 guys using them. We work from March 1 thru mid January, and I got tru about $120.00 per season at most. They are a great way to CYA w/ your worman's comp too. This way, employees can't claim hearing loss/problems to your equipment as long as you enforce the rule.
    Bob

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i use either plugs or earmuffs, home depot had them onsale

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i use a piece of chamoi (sp) cloth. i just like it better than the plugs etc.yes i know i musta murdered that word.:)

9. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

In the summer I wear (disposable) ear plugs. In the cooler months I wear ear muffs, just too hot in the summer for those things!:)

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I use ear plugs. Always keep 2 pair in my pocket.