Hearing Protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wbkuhler, Feb 28, 2003.

1. wbkuhler

wbkuhler LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has seen these hearing protection ear muffs with the radio built in?

I looked on ebay and could not find them.

Does anyone know where to find them and what they cost?

Thought that this type of hearing protection might make for a more enjoyable day mowing.

Thanks for any replies.
  2. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search, I know this has been covered many times. Try looking at places like harbor freight, northern tool and those type places. I even saw them at Amazon.com last time I was looking, they were the peltor worktunes. Hope this helps.
  3. SR Landscaping

SR Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

What did you say?:D
    Check this out. I went to Radio Shack and bought a pair of AM/FM, Headphones that work really good. I think they were 29.95, and I paid the extra 2.95 for their stupid warranty. That was abt 4 years ago. I've replaced them 5 times already! You know how it goes, you go under a tree-branch knocks them off your head and they break.
    So I bought two pair, now when they break I switch to my other set and return the broken ones on the way home.:blob3:
    So I listen to Stern in the Morning, and Rock in the afternoon and never miss a beat. I know they do block out the noise, but I don't know exactly what their rating is. Check them out;) And can you speak a little louder!
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have a pair with the radio built in by elvex. i am extremely pleased with them. I think i paid around $129.00 two or three years ago, and they still work great. Unlike what sr landscaping said about the radio shack ones, you can drop the elvex hundreds of times, and you pick em back up and keep going. they are pretty well built. The two main brands i hear people taking about are made by Elvex and peltor.
  5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna worktunes. $150.00??
  6. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't do the radio shack bit (Junk) I tried that. Peltor all the way very durable cant breakem. I can get them for $120.00
  7. wbkuhler

wbkuhler LawnSite Member

Thank you for your replies.

I did a search on a search engine and found some Peltor Work Tunes for $58.

I think I will get a pair for myself and a pair for my son who is going to help me this year.

He does not want to wear any hearing protection but some day he will see that I am right to make him use it.

Thanks again for your help!!
  8. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

To let you know you might want to spend the extra money and get the ones with the rechargable batteries. I get a week straight out of mine then charge them for the weekend and ready to go for the week. Alot better than changing batteries.
  9. SR Landscaping

SR Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Husker, what did you say? I can't hear ya. I'll try them, but the "Junk" your talking about still work great! And when they break I replace them FREE!;)
    And how about GREAT RECEPTION using a Backpack-REDMAX EB6200, and a Blower Little Wonder 9-HP Honda at the same time.
    And what year did you try this "Junk"?
    Don't take offense, just wondering? I'm always open to new ideas, and I think this site is great!:blob3:
  10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, Peltour worktunes in use here as well.. Gotta have them!

Do a search, you'll find them referred to a number of times.