hearing protectors and MP3 players?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried these : http://www.elvex.com/Com-210.htm

They have the noise reduction, but also the import plug so you can hook them up to an MP3 player. Im thinking i may give them a try. anyone have anything huge against them or are they a quality company?

2. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

Just got them the other day and they are working well. The only criticism I have is that they are not loud enough. Maybe I am going deaf as a result of not using them before. I have not plugged my mp3 player into the port yet. They seem realy sturdy and the fm reception is great. I guess if they were any louder it would defeat the purpose. While running blowers and trimmers I can barely hear the engines.

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Sony Walkman and some high dollar head phones. The only down fall i see is the AAA batteries. I go through a ton of them. Working alone they are okay but when the guys are wearing theirs I can't say anything to them. I wind up throwing things at them to get there attention.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree that battery consumption may get outrageous, so i was planning to get rechargable batteries.

Jonathan, did you get the exact model that i linked? Im somewhat curious as to the comment you posted... im almost wondering if you got the quiet tunes.

5. ludwiglawncare

MacLawnCo
    I am sorry, I did get the q

6. ludwiglawncare

I did get the quiet tunes. My bad....

7. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am surprised you did not get the rechargeable ones, they provide 27 dB Noise Reduction and have a port for CD player or MP3.

http://www.elvex.com/Com-80R.htm

8. ludwiglawncare

9. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

If you want to spend money, Bose makes a headphone set that is suppose to block outside noise for $299.00.