1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

heartland area start up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Rookie, Feb 8, 2008.

1. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

I will start spring cleanup/mowing either the last week of February or the first week of March if our area doesn't see below normal temps. How are others looking for startup times.
  2. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on when weather breaks.....( Going to try some cleanups before i leave) and after my vacation in march before the season starts need that extra boost a vacation gives you because we all know when the season starts there isnt any getting away till next Dec or later

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Not far from you , but it looks like at least another 6 weeks if not the first of April before we get started.
  4. Lawn Tech LLC

Lawn Tech LLC LawnSite Member

I try to have all the beds cleaned out by March 1st, weather permitting. We will mulch the month of March and be ready to start cutting 1st part of April.That is if everything in the world was perfect. Since that will never happen then the weather dictates when we start. Our schedule of work can be off 1 month either way.
  5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here, (West. PA) first cut won't be until April, last week in March if your lucky. My one neighbor who is retired will be out on his tractor 2nd week in March, once I see him out I know to be ready in about 2 weeks. Most retired people head to AZ or Florida this guy would rather be driving his tractor around his yard, I can respect that though.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

St. pattys day for me I would love to go next week it's been nice all week here. Plus we haven't had any snow yet so i'm board with this winter & my wife is driving me crazy.