Heartland Green Industry Expo? (KS & MO)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jason Rose, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just received the packet in the mail today, never even heard of it before!

November 29-30 at the Overland Park Convention Center in Overland Park, KS.

There are workshops, a trade show, seminars, and you can get re-certified for 3a and 3b license for KS or MO.

Looks to be a little Pricey... $235 for the full conference including lunches and trade show. Another $155 per day for the re-cert training... Both are less if you are a "member". Not sure what you need to be a member of tho...

Not too often I run across any type of show close to ME here in Kansas. We also have the "Turfgrass Conference" in Topeka coming up in the first week in November. That's, however geared mainly to golf and atheletic turf guys. They also offer the Re-cert. program for a number of the pesticide licenses.
  2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a website, Jason?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well if there is, I sure can't find it anywhere in the booklet.

It gives a mailing address, phone number, and fax, as the only methods of regrestration...

It is the MAGICouncil (mid-america green incustry council) Also the MVTA (Missouri valley turfgrass association, inc.)

Thanks to a quick GOOGLE search I find they DO have a website:

The PDF of the exact booklet I received in the mail is here:

http://www.magicouncil.org/MAGICouncil CG.pdf
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was planning on going there for the recerification classes, but had no idea about the seminars. Captain, any word on those dump inserts? Funny you should have responded to this thread. After the training courses I was going to zip over to Ohio and might possibly pick one up. I guess "zip" isn't exactly the word when it's 750 miles away..lol. Thanks for the links Jason, I'll check them out.
  5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still trying to get a solid number from these guys. They can't come up with shipping costs or how much of their small profit they can discount for only two or three units at one sale. Sounds pretty sad.

Let me know what you find out from your source. Maybe I'll "zip" over there along with you. Those leaves are falling now and we need to do something.