1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

heat my truck!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sjj14, Nov 3, 2005.

1. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

anybody have any good recomendations for a 12 volt heater. My old dump trucks heat bit the bullet and it only needs to get through the up coming winter. Not worth spending the time and $ on fixing it. Was hoping there may be a plug in heater to defrost and keep the edge of winter out of the cab. Any suggestions? thanks
  2. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Have the same problem after I disconnected the heat exchanger. As far as I know, there is no electrical heater available that really can heat a cabin, especially not in an old truck without 200 Amp alternator. Tried out one of those little, electrical windshield defroster, they are a joke...

3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen some in JC Whitney, box style hot water heaters with 12v fan. Just plumb in the heater hoses, wire up the fan and yur good to go. I think they were around 100 bucks. When ya get rid of the truck, yank it out.
  5. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Specifically what is wrong with the heater? In a truck they are usually very easy and cheap to fix.

Good luck,