Heat Shield Question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by indy roadrunner, May 5, 2008.

1. indy roadrunner

indy roadrunner LawnSite Member

Hey all, I have been lurking out here reading all the post for the last year but never officially signed up to join the fun. By the way, I have the Fasttrak 48 inch with Honda engine and flex forks. I just installed the mulching baffles this past weekend. Now my question, I ready previously that there was a heat shield available as I surely need one. Each time I stop for any length of time I burn the grass. I purchased my Hustler from Plainfield Equipment in Plainfield IN and I called them inquiring about the heat shield but they said they didn't know anything about it - have a part number or anything. Anybody have any suggestions?:confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please e-mail me your information and I will get a regional service manager in contact with your dealer.

Pj

3. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I have the same problems and have talked w my dealer. Super z 60 and super mini 52

4. L.A. stumpjumper

L.A. stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I have a Fastrak 20/54, and want to know if they have a heat sheild availabe for it. It is a 2007 model.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you feel your in need of a heat shield kit please talk to your dealer, you can also email me and I will get your info to your local dealer.

6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

why don't they put the heatshield on all hustlers from the get go?

7. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

3Bladz

Your EFI Powered Super Z has a heat shield protecting the underside of the muffler as standard equipment.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Having a heat shield installed increases the possibility of grass / leaves building up and the potential for a fire.
    When installed you have to watch it close and keep it clear of clippings / leaves.

Pj

9. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

All the 08 FasTrak and Super FasTraks now have a heat shield put on standard from the Factory.

10. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

But the burn marks in the grass seem to be from the pto and the hydros, not the muffler. It will kill the grass in the time it takes to get off and move a realtor sign.