Heavy Duty Air Filter For Lazer Hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by EJK2352, Jun 11, 2001.

1. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

IS THERE A HEAVY DUTY FILTER KIT AVAILABLE FOR A 23HP VERTICAL
    SHAFT ON A LAZER HP 52. MY PAST EMPLOYER HAD SEVERAL 25HP
    60" LAZERS THAT WE PUT THE KITS ON. I REALLY LIKED THEM AND
    WOULD LIKE TO PUT ONE ON MY 52 HP. THANKS, ED:

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Ed,

Thanks for writing in, and with a very good question. If your unit has a 23hp Kohler, the answer is YES. Kohler recently released heavy-duty air cleaners for their vertical shaft engines.
    For your model you would use the Top Mount Version. The Kohler Part # is 24 743 31-S Top Mount (Complete). Sorry I don't have a list price.
    There isn't one presently available for the Kawasaki engine, but I do believe they are working on it.
    Thanks for your continued support of Exmark. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at service@exmark.com

Thanks,
    Lenny

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have the 23 kohler. Why is this air filter better than the regular one?

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

What about for a 19 HP Kawasaki?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dear EJK2352, Vibe Ray and Charles,

In regards to availability of cannister air filter for our vertical engines (all Lazer Z HP's, here is where things are at.

If you have a Kohler engine unit, the air filter is available through Kohler. Talk with your Exmark Dealer and be sure to have your engine model # and serial #'s ready. There are some carb considerations that are spec/serial # specific that the dealer will think of to make your machine run properly with this filtration system.

If you have a Kawi unit, they do not have a cannister air filter to offer at this point. They are very close but are still testing and tweeking a few things to make sure the filter performs correctly.

What are the benefits of the cannister air filtration system
    1) Actually boosts horsepower
    2) Requires less maintenance and saves you money over the long haul
    3) Cleaner filtration system so you get longer engine life and better performance.
    4) A bit more forgiving for those guys that let filter live longer than they should

I hope this helps you!

Regards,

Exmark Mfg.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Charles. I have the Nelson Heavy Duty filter system on my 25 Kohler on my Kees. It is a lot less maintenance than the standard filter system. The filters cost a little more, but they will last a lot longer too. I never liked messing with the filter it came with, people said not to take it out anymore than you needed to because the seal would become worn and allow dirt past. I had experience with Donaldson types and new that was the way to go when I found Kohler was selling them for the carbureted versions.

7. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

So do they have a foam pre- filter as well? I've never seen them before, what do they look like?

And three questions:
    WHY do they boost horsepower?
    WHY does it require less maintenence?
    What makes it a cleaner filtration system?

Keep in mind, I've never seen one.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dear Exmark,
    Thanks for the timely answer to my question. Talked to my dealer
    today & ordered the air filter kit. It's your great service &
    support after the sale that sets your company apart from the rest.
    And THANKS again, ED

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

The primary filter is a heavy duty paper canister type, the secondary filter located inside of that, it is a fiber filter. I would assume it boosts power because of increased airflow due to it's larger surface area. It requires less maintenance because it has a more remotely located air inlet, and the increased surface area. It does not have a foam oiled prefilter to rely on, therefore it does not have to be cleaned as frequently. The air filter system is more industrial than the standard air filter.

Heres a picture of the HD Nelson filter Kees, 25 Kohler

[​IMG]

10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have the 23hp kawasaki motor and were you able to get the filter kit for it?