Heavy Duty Air Filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I ordered my hd air cleaner kit for my 25 Kohler last week and went and picked it up today. I will try to get it put on tonight, I'll let ya know how complicated it is :)<p>The kit is complete under two part #'s and come with all the mounting hardware. The dealer was shocked, I had given him the numbers and he had no idea what I was getting or what the kit consisted of. I paid about $150 for it. I do usually get a 10% break on parts through him but I am not sure it applied to this or not. But you should be able to get it for somewhere near that. If you are interested email me and I will give you the part #'s or his phone #. I won't post his # here, I don't want to cause any problems :) He said he would ship parts if anyone were interested. He now has all the part #'s and if you call him he will know what youare talking about.<p>These are available for 18-25 hp Kohler horizontals, but they use several different part #'s for the different engine. I don't have them here right now but I will post em later.<p><p><br>

2. How about taking a picture of that air filter setup when installed. <p>I would like to see if I can adapt it to a<br>18hp Vertical shaft engine.

3. Keith

Will do. I will get pictures up asap. You will have to do some fab work to make it work on a vertical which sucks because the kit comes with brackets you wouldn't be using. The main mounting bracket actually bolts with spacers to the upper valve covers(horizontal)<p>ps, It was really a straight forward install, took about 35 minutes, could do it again in 20.<br>

4. Keith

Sorry about 2+ month wait :)<p><p><p>&lt;a href=&quot;http://home.mpinet.net/horsepower/lawn/filter.html&quot;&gt;Here Are A Couple More&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith