1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Heck of a deal for this.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twwlawn, Oct 31, 2004.

1. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Once in awhile I'll read that someone here on LawnSite got a new or used equipment for a great price. Well, yesterday I brought back home a Gravely 34Z, for $2500.00 . The mower is only 5 months old, in perfect condition, has 28.9 hours on it. I can not believe the deal I got. I'm still pinching myself. I did pretty good on this one! I got a Accelerator grass catcher on is way, plus the mulch kit. What you all think about this?

2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Stolen?????

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go! Just make sure its not hot or anything. . .gotta wonder why someone would give something away like that.

4. twwlawn

The previuos owner is getting out of commercial mowing, does not have the time due to running another business full time. He paid for the mower in cash and just wanted to get rid of it quickly. I met him half way to pick it up in Nebraska.

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That's cool. . .how'd you find him in Nebraska?

6. twwlawn

He is from South Dakota and we decided to meet half-way for me to pick up the mower.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If I was Bill Clinton, I would say that is sweeter than Hillary being out of town for the weekend :D

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

ROFLMAO! Hehehe..

Man thats a killer deal, sheesh, makes you concernced it may have been stolen!

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'd make sure it has clear "title" so to speak, in other words that it is not financed or has a lien on it with money oweing on it, or not stolen esp with it coming from another state.

10. stizostedion_vitreum

stizostedion_vitreum LawnSite Member
    from ND

If you don't mind;

How did you find out about this mower? Who did you buy it from? Does the guy have anything else he's trying to get rid of?

I'm in ND and would like to know more...

thanks,
    tj