Hedge Row

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Total.Lawn.Care, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was asked to bid on an Applebees restraurant in my area, and I am okay with all of the regular maintenance and straw part of the bidding, but I had to prepare a seperate bid for a major cut to a hedge row.

The Hedge Row is 250 feet long and about 4 1/2 foot high. The Manager wants about a foot taken off the top of it and about 6-8 inches taken off of the parking lot side because it is getting the bumpers of parked cars. It is not grown wild, but it has just not been trimmed as it should have been and it has been allowed to grow a little too large.

What would you guys charge for this, especially knowing that it may play a factor in you getting a large contract to maintain the restaurant property?

Thanks...........TLC

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

$300 +/-, assuming you get the contract to do the rest of the maintenance. Be sure to inform the manager that it going to look pretty bare once you finish.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I actually am going to bid it as an initial clean up with the main focus being that Hedge Row. We will be trimming all of hedges to get them back in line with the landscape and do some general clean up of some items that the last LCO has neglected.

I will post pictures tonight. For the Hedge Row and the other Hedges and general clean up, I bid it at $1K. That includes the debis removal and dump fee. I figure that we will pretty much fill a 16' trailer 3' deep with debris form the hedges.