1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hedge spray to slow growth

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by laborador, Oct 13, 2004.

1. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Any one hear of a spray that you can put on hedges to stump the growth, so they are less maintenance. Thanks
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Embark works.
  3. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

what is embark. I am unfamiliar with that.
  4. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I use it with no ill effects, I do add liquid iron with it to help with the yellowing effect (learned that on this site). I can go about 7 months before I trim bushes again, but I only use it on customers that have hedge trimming included in their contract.
  5. goforgreen2

goforgreen2 LawnSite Member

Embark works well. You need to apply about 7-10 days after trimming and use a high volume sprayer (backpacks don't work well)
  6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Also check the label on Primo Maxx. I believe it is a higher quality PGR, and will help you stunt the growth of hedges as you desire.
  7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Heard of Primmo, never tried it. Know a golf super that swears by it. Thought it was for turf only? Haven't read label. Maybe I can find it on the net. Who manufactures Primmo?
  8. Stephen M.

Stephen M. LawnSite Member

Atrimec is a growth retardent for use on select trees and shrubs and groundcovers. It temporarily stops shoot elongation and promotes lateral branching. A gallon of it runs between $275- $300 per gallon. Its good stuff and worth the cost.