Hedge Trimmer Lubricant

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ehmalexan, Jan 2, 2010.

1. BCofDayton

BCofDayton LawnSite Member

Olive oil is a cool idea

2. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd be concerned about olive oil going rancid. It could possibly cause corrosion as well. If you must use a food oil, nut oils are much more stable.
    Food grade mineral oil isn't toxic, and is completely stable (and cheap as well).

I personally spray all of my garden cutting tools (and snowblower chute), with silicone spray. The fine silicone film prevents the sticky stuff from sticking.

3. Eden's Own

Eden's Own LawnSite Member

PAM also works

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i use fluid film as well

5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

me too on fluid film.:dancing:

6. stihl makes a spray for that. like 7 bucks for a can

7. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

But it ain't Fluid Film. :cool2:

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i know you sent me a can for free dano, but it ended up going missing after not really using it enough to determine what it could do for us. it is hard to spend money on something via shipping nomind you when you can get something that works right down the street. they really should open the market up for this stuff, maybe drop the price ever so slightly and more than make it up in more volume. you get the idea, reaguardless i would like to have another can to try out, but i know i have to buy some. any way you could have the info on the closest reatailer to my area do you?

9. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I can promise you nothing beats it on trimmmers Usually a good shot in the morning will get you all day.My trimmers blades run cooler with it and no burn on plants Thumbs Up I prefer the brush can.

10. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Been in the green Industry 21 years Aint found nothing Better :usflag: