1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hedge Trimmer Recommedations

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cwlawley, Jun 13, 2006.

1. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

My "homeowner" model hedge trimmers just gave up and I am in desperate need of getting another one. Since I just purchased a new Hustler ZTR I have a really tight budget right now. I want some good ones, but I just want to spend what I have to. What do you recommend? Thanks.

TEXASECHO88 LawnSite Member

i would personally buy a HC130i from echo,cant go wrong with it. they are about 150 at home depot
  3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

hc 150 echo :clapping:
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Echo HC-150's work great for us.

Lightweight and good balance. 20" blade for around $269.

Buy from a local dealer..same price as Home Depot plus they have parts and service!

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Echos are alright - haven't used the hedge trimmers myself but the only other thing I would recommend is a stilh hs45. Runs very strong and of course a good engine but I think something is defective on mine since halfway through trimming the engine tones down and the blades don't move as fast.

OR you could always trim by hand. Manuals are cheap and maybe your customers will like the extra detail added by doing it by hand. Only problem is time.
  6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

HC150. Priced around 260 bucks. Make sure to surpass the box store and get it from a dealer so it's running and ready to go.

You can go to the 24" HC160, but it's about 100 bucks more. We don't sell many.

HC150's outsell all out other models 100-1. Their newer style blades with the outside edge sharpened are nice too. Less little liftovers. Real sharp too. Can tell by the gash on my finger!!!